We have decided to change our opening practice date to Friday May 6th. With a lot of big races scheduled on May 7th this will give everyone a chance to try out the new track configuration and also go race on Saturday night. Gates will open around 5 and testing will begin at 6:00 until ??? Admission is $10 for the pits and $5 for the stands. Hope to see you there.
In order to be consistent with all other tracks running Sport Mod we have made a small revision to the camshaft rule which will not allow solid flat tappet camshafts. The only camshaft that will be allowed is a hydraulic. The following rule will be in effect.
Camshaft-Hydraulic camshaft only. No roller camshafts allowed must pull (15in) of vacuum at 1000 RPM’ s. Must have access to vacuum port in manifold. No 4-7 swaps.
- May 7th: Test & Tune
- May 14th: Closed
- May 21st: Regular Show in All Classes
- May 28th: No KDRA Super Stock. Regular Show in All Other Classes
- June 4th: Points Begin. $500 to Win Stock 4 Cylinder. Regular Show in All Other Classes
- June 11th: $3000 to Win Earl Stollings Memorial Battle of The Bluegrass Series. Regular Show in All Other Classes
- June 18th: $1500 to Win Southeast Modified Series. Regular Show in All Other Classes
- June 25th: Closed
- July 2nd: Closed
- July 9th: $3000 to Win Wince Mayabb Memorial Battle of The Bluegrass Series. Regular Show in All Other Classes
- July 16th: Closed
- July 23rd: $1000 to Win KDRA Super Stock. Regular Show in All Other Classes
- July 30th. $1000 to Win Open Wheel Modified. Regular Show in All Other Classes
- August 6th: Closed
- August 13th: Closed
- August 20th: Closed
- August 27th: $1000 to Win KDRA Super Stock. Regular Show in All Other Classes
- September 2nd: Swift Silver Mine 40 Late Model TBA. Regular Show in All Other Classes. Fan Appreciation Night
- September 10th: Closed
- September 17th: Regular Show in All Classes
- September 24th: $500 to Win Stock 4 Cylinder. Regular Show in All Other Classes. Points End
*Points will begin on June 4th and will be contested at all events through September 24th.
For the 2016 season 191 will have a new Sport Mod class which was designed for the entry level budget minded racer. The tentative rules have been released and are listed below:
- UMP/AMRA/TSMA Modified chassis, body and frame rules with the following exceptions:
- No coil over shocks
- No spoilers
- No tubular front clips
- No air shocks
- All coil springs must be at least four and one half inches outside diameter. Steel springs only
- No canister type or adjustable shocks
- Steel shocks only
- OEM Manual Transmission. Must use stock cases, bearing plates and tail shaft housings for make and model trans being used. At least 1 forward gear and 1 reverse gear must work. Flywheel – SFI approved/recommended
- OEM Automatic Transmission. All forward and reverse gears must be operational at time of inspection
- Bert or Brinn Transmission allowed with a 50 lb weight penalty
- Rear Ends
- Any passenger car type or truck rear end may be used
- No limited slip devices allowed. May run full spool, mini spool, or welded rear only. All Components Must be Steel. No lightened or light weight components allowed. 4. 72″ between back of block and center line of rear end
- Minimum Pan-hard bar length 19″ center to center of bolt holes. (2010 23inch rear mounted pan-hard bar)
- One pull bar or lift arm only. (2010 solid pullbar centered over driveshaft)
- No coil-overs any where
- No gun-drilled axles
- Quick Change rear ends allowed with a 50 lb weight penalty
- Tires and Wheels
- 8 inch steel wheels only
- No aluminum wheels, hubs, calipers or A-frames or any other suspension parts allowed. Plastic wheels are not allowed. Calipers cannot be lightened and must be OEM. Rotors cannot be lightened or drilled
- Any 8″ racing tire
- Drive Shaft
- Drive shaft hoop is required and must be constructed of at least ¼” by 2″ steel and should be mounted at least 6″ back from front of drive shaft. Drive shaft must be painted white. 2″minimum diameter steel shaft
- Maximum cubic inch limit of 390
- OEM cast iron block only. No aftermarket blocks allowed
- OEM cast iron cylinder heads only. No aftermarket heads allowed
- No canted value (Cleveland style) heads allowed
- No screw in studs allowed
- No guide plates allowed
- Stock steel stamped rocker arms only. No aftermarket rocker arms allowed
- Stock diameter valve springs only
- Hydraulic camshaft only
- Must pull 15 inches of vacuum at 1000 RPM’s. Must have access to vacuum port in manifold
- Aftermarket headers OK
- Any cast iron or aluminum intake allowed
- Unaltered Holley 2 barrel 4412 carb only. Venturi and base plate must retain stock size
- No grinding or polishing of any kind allowed. All carburetor components manufactured by Holley. No Aftermarket base plates, metering blocks or carb bodies allowed. No milling or grinding of throttle shaft allowed, shaft must stay round. The choke and air horn may be removed, this is the only re-working allowed, must have stock measurements. Carb gauges will be used.
- OEM style fuel pump only
- Stock type distributors only. No aftermarket ignition boxes MSD, Crane, etc.
- Gasoline Only, no alcohol or E85
- Base Weight is 2450 lbs
- Add 50 for Bert/Brinn
- Add 50 for Quickchange
- Base Weight is 2450 lbs
It’s awards time again at 191 Speedway. We will be hosting our 2015 awards banquet on Saturday January 16th at Campton Elementary School. The doors will open around 5 with meet and greet with the awards and dinner to follow soon after. The top 5 in each class will be awarded but we encourage all of our racers and fans to attend. Make plans to join us.
Unfortunately mother nature has reared her ugly head again today. Racing has been cancelled due to weather and there will be no makeup date. We would like to thank everyone for a great 2015 season and we will see you next year.
The annual Wince Mayabb Memorial will conclude the 2015 season at 191 Speedway this Saturday night. The main event will see the Super Late Model division battle it out for a $3000 to win pay day with the following payout: 2)$1500 3)$1000 4)$800 5)$700 6)$600 7)$500 8)$400 9)$300 10)$200 Start)$150. Open Wheel Modified will also be competing in a $1000 to win feature race. KDRA Super Stock, Stock 4 Cylinder and Sport Mods will be running a regular show. The gates will open at 3:00 and the driver’s meeting is set for 6:00. Admission will be $35 for pits for 12 and over and 11 and under are $5. General admission will be $15 for 12 and over and 11 and under are free.
Open Wheel Modified Payout for September 26th:
191 will be back in action this Saturday night September 19th. Limited Late Model will return to action with a special $1000 to win. All other classes including Super Late Model, Open Wheel Modified, KDRA Super Stock and Stock 4 Cylinder will be a regular show and points will end in all divisions. Some of the classes are really close. You can check out the points on our website. http://www.191speedway.com/?page_id=244
Here is the complete payout for our special Limited Late Model race.
Don’t forget that Saturday September 26th will be our season finale with the special Wince Mayabb Memorial.